I figured this picture would be fitting for everything that is going on. We are over it and we want our lives back to normal. This is only temporarily and I belive that things will get better. If you are home from work like me, keep a routine going. My day today consists of writing a novel that I need to finish and taking some time out to read. I’m currntly reading two books right now The Richest Man of Babylon by George Clason and Novebmer 9th by Colleen Hoover. My grandmother alwahys said, ” the mind is a terrible thing to waste.”
Keep powering through! Delayed does not mean denied. Whatever you want to do in life whether it is a goal, dream, for work, etc it will happen. Keep the faith. It will be worth the wait. As I take the time to encourage my readers, I’m also speaking for myself. I’m home for 2 weeks with pnemonia that is clearing up nicely thanks to faith, prayer and medicine. I’ve always had a weak immune system from being born premature so I am staying inside and taking precautions. But, I will not let that stop me. Life is still be lived! I’m doing the things I love the most, read, write and watch YouTube videos on budgeting and financing.
I’m Getting To The Money
With everything that is going on money is at the forefront. Take the time you need to make arrangements in your budget if you have one. If not, my budget jounral is a personal journal for you to organize your finances and start that budget. But, if here are some tips to do at home right now to free up any extra cash you may need.
I have been doing a challenge for myself where I save any money that I have on hand and wasn’t using. It’s been about 4 weeks and I have saved about $350 in cash. Of course I didn’t know this was going to happen, but I’m glad that I am prepared. I am the type of person to always think ahead and not just live in the now. Some people have a different approach and want to spend their money because they worked hard for it, and that is their choice. Follow to the beat of your own drum.
- Pay Only The Minumum Or Put Payments on Hold – With the virus and things still being do, don’t make an extra payment just yet. Just pay your minimum balance on ALL of your bills and that extra payment, put it in savings or just keep it in your account. Or if you are able see if you can stop payments altogether until things are somewhat back to normal.
- Call Companies- There are many companies that are putting payments on hold and providing free services while the pandemic is going on. I.E, Comcast, Electric, Internet and even cell phone bills. Now, just because you don’t have to pay it right now does not mean you get a FREE MONTH.
- Shop From Home First – Depending on your circumstances if you are quarentined in the house or not, first go through your pantry and take inventory of what you have. Shop from home first and make a meal plan so when you do go shopping or have someone go for you, you will know exactly what you need.
- Buy In Bulk (If You Can) – There are stores such as BJ’s, Sam’s Club, or even Costco where you can buy meats and other groceries in bulk in order to have more for times like this. If you do not have a membership to any of these places, it’s okay. Buy the family pack of meals and seperate them. Leg quarters are VERY CHEAP and you can get like 10 pouds for like $4. Take them home, clean them, and cut them in half and you have double the amount of food. Now, I know food is scarce in the grocery store, but don’t stock up too much, be mindful of those who may still need to buy groceries and can’t come at the moment.
- Stay Safe – If it is not mandatory to go out, please don’t. I know some people still have to work and if you do please be careful. Take all the safety measures that you can during this time.
You must be logged in to post a comment.